God Has Already Worked It Out; We Must Walk It Out!
Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
I Corinthians 3:8
The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.
From April 2006 Article—
Collaborators You know that you cannot do the business alone and you don’t try to do it alone. You have team members, business builders and supporters who are running with you. Their vision and mission is tied to your vision and mission and it is a good fit.
Balance-You are careful to keep your professional and personal lives well rounded and peaceful.
Business owners, organization leaders as your business/organization advances are you rewarding your team members as you are being rewarded?
- Do you realize that you have been entrusted with a team and that because each team member is contributing their valuable gifts, talents, interests and skill sets the business vision is manifesting?
- Do you operate as a servant leader, showing Christ in your words and actions?
- Does your team feel that there is a difference in their office and other work environment because you foster a progressive, loving, supportive and peaceful atmosphere?
- Have you developed and implemented financial and other benefit/reward packages for all team members?
- Do your policies including office hours and off-site work encourage your team members to have a balanced life?
- Do you host holiday and other periodic fun, recreational activities that allow your team members to include their immediate family members?
- Are you treating the team members as you would like to be treated?
Bonita M.W. Shelby is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Business Manager. A graduate of Howard University, Ms. Shelby is a member of Jericho City of Praise and a Breast Cancer survivor. She helped establish the Howard University Hospital Breast Cancer Support Group. Ms. Shelby is the principal and business life coach of Kingdom Business, Inc. Responses are encouraged and for more information, I invite you to visit our website for a FREE Business Vision assessment at: www.kingdombusiness.biz/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-445-0398.
Copyright© 2006 by Bonita M.W. Shelby, Used by permission, BlackandChristian.com